Prairie Lincoln Elementary School
May 15, 2020
As we finish the 2019-2020 school year, I want to say how proud I am of our students, our staff and all of our families for your flexibility, your commitment to learning, and your perseverance during this incredibly unusual time.
As we move to summer and a break from school, I wanted to communicate some procedural details for later this month.
- Chromebooks: Our online learning will end May 22nd. You can choose to continue to borrow your district-loaned Chromebook for summer practice and other learning. Our iReady learning platform will remain on and available for our students during the summer months. If your student is in grade PK-11 but you believe you will be moving out of the district over the summer, please return your Chromebook now.
- School Items: We are asking that all library books, any classroom property, teacher-loaned materials are returned to school. You can choose to continue to borrow your Chromebook; however, if you prefer to return it we will collect those items as well. Beginning on May 26-29, between the hours of 8:30-11:00am; 12-2:30pm; 4-6:30pm we will have a drive-up drop off area available behind Prairie Lincoln School. Staff will be there to direct traffic and collect any items you have to turn in. If possible, please place the items in a plastic grocery bag (or we can supply one for you at the site).
- Personal Items: If your child left personal items at school that you would like to collect, Beginning on May 26-29, between the hours of 8:30-11:00am; 12-2:30pm; 4-6:30pm we will have a drive-up pick-up area available in front of Prairie Lincoln School. Staff will be there to direct traffic, call names on walkies, and bring items out to your vehicle. If you do not feel comfortable gathering these items now, please know that we will safely store them until it is safe to return when school resumes in the Fall.
- IF you have no items to return to school and nothing to pick up, YOU DO NOT NEED TO VISIT THE SCHOOL SITE. Stay tuned to the district website for up-to-date information throughout the summer and we will be in touch with you in mid-August as more information is available.
- If you are planning to pick up or drop off at school during the times I have shared above, please know that for the safety of our volunteers, you, and your children, no one will be permitted to enter the school building. For the safety of everyone, most importantly your children, please DO NOT plan to visit the school for social purposes, follow all directions while on site, and remain in your vehicle unless directed by staff.
The staff and I realize that these are incredibly challenging times. Please know that we look forward to greeting all of you again sometime in the Fall. In the meantime, stay safe, wash your hands, and read a lot of great books.
Julie E. Kenney
Principal, Prairie Lincoln Elementary
4900 Amesbury Way | Columbus, Ohio 43228
Phone: (614) 801-8300 | Fax: (614) 878-8028 | Attendance: (614) 801-8301
Julie Kenney, Principal
To leave a voicemail in a teachers mailbox :
1. Call (614) 801-3190.
2. Enter the teacher's mailbox number.
If you don't know the mailbox number, you can search the directory by the teacher's last name.
Click the red bar above entitled "Teacher Telephone Extensions" to access the directory.